Reports 6i page breaks

From: Bob Wall <wall_at_nospam_montanadsl.net>
Date: Mon, 09 Jul 2001 15:49:02 -0600

Hi,

   I'm hoping an Oracle Reports 6i guru can help me out. I'm trying to find a way to determine at the time a page break occurs if some data field on the new page is different from date on the current page, so I can put something on the current page before it is complete.

   For example, suppose I am running a report that generates invoices for several customers, and each invoice might be more than one page long. I would like to number the pages consecutively starting at one for each customer, and on the last page for each customer, I want to put a special mark that is used to indicate to an automated folder/stuffer that this is the last page to be grouped in one envelope. To do this, I think I need to have a "pre-page break" trigger in which I can check the customer ID on the next page to see if it is different. Can such a thing be done?

   Thanks in advance for any tips you might have.

Thanks,
Bob Wall Received on Mon Jul 09 2001 - 23:49:02 CEST

Original text of this message