Re: Advice on Reporting Tools

From: Peter L <news_at_abc.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 07 Jul 2001 19:58:18 GMT

On 28 Jun 2001 02:01:55 -0700, markg_at_mymail.tm (MarkyG) wrote:

>Also, Business Objects may be ideal for what you want. The database
>tables may need to be set up in a special way, 'Universes' i think is
>what they call it. Helps to support drill downs.

Business Objects is designed as an end user query/reporting tool. You don't need to do anything special with your database tables. The 'universe' is the semantic layer, like the 'End User Layer' in Discoverer. Personally I think the look and feel of Business Objects is better than Discoverer. It also has the advantage that it can access other data sources than Oracle, including various relational DBs, multi-dimensional DBs, Excel and flat files etc. Received on Sat Jul 07 2001 - 21:58:18 CEST

Original text of this message