Re: number blues

From: Phil Haigh <phil.haigh_at_fwpharma.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2001 16:55:58 +0100

> So please correct me if I am wrong here. I cannot
> define a column which can hold more than 38
> digits???!!!???

The number of digits is 38.
The 127 basically says that you can have up digits up to 127 places to the left (for a big number) or right (small number) of the decimal point. So you can have a very low value 38 digit number that starts after 89 zeroes, or a very large value 38 digit number followed by 89 zeroes. 38 digits is the maximum that can be stored BUT the 127 says that the decimal point can be up to 127 places removed from the start of that number.

Or something very close to that. I'm off home now so I'm rushing this a bit.

Phil. Received on Thu Jul 05 2001 - 17:55:58 CEST

Original text of this message