Ideas Required

From: Daniel Vaughan <dan_at_w2s.net>
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2001 11:58:40 +0100

Hi,

I have two Oracle systems (A and B) both running on 8.1.7. Both systems perform the same basic function for two different sets of users however the table structure of each database is different and the database run independently.

I would like to acheive the following.

  • A user creates/modifies/deletes a record on database A. Somehow I would like the change to also appear in database B also in the correct format automatically and in realtime.

My knowledge of databases is good but specific knowledge of Oracle limited. I assume you would place something in the middle to convert the data and implement the change. Could anyone suggest a way of doing this/ a product/ or even an approaching/right place to look for more info on acheving this.

King Regards

Dan Received on Mon Jul 02 2001 - 12:58:40 CEST

Original text of this message