HTML via UTL_SMTP

From: John Pettepiece <pettepiece_at_angelfire.com>
Date: 28 Jun 2001 09:20:28 -0700

Greetings. We are experimenting sending email through Oracle 8i via UTL_SMTP. We have been successful in doing so... but have a need to send HTML content type messages.

All of our efforts thus far have sent HTML formatted message strings as PLAIN TEXT with all HTML tags visible in the body of the message received... rather than a message that the mailer recognizes as HTML content type and rendering it as such.

Can UTL_SMTP flag outgoing email messages as containing HTML content type? If so, how does one define the message in that manner?

Thanks much in advance.
John Pettepiece Received on Thu Jun 28 2001 - 18:20:28 CEST

Original text of this message