Re: Pro*C, SQL-02115 error, Sun OS...?

From: Matt B. <mcb_at_gers.com>
Date: 27 Jun 2001 09:09:37 -0700

As it turns out, we believe it's turning out to be an incompatibility issue with the compiler. Our systems development group noted that the program that's getting the error was built with a gcc version 2.8.1 compiler. They then used a 2.95.2 compiler to build it and it's fine.

However they then went back and compiled it again with the 2.8.1 compiler and it was still fine. They were then wondering if the 2.8.1 compiler has some kind of intermittent "bug" that isn't reproducable all the time. They've since traced it even further to possibly being the debug and optimization argument flags. Apparently, when we developers build, we have the debug flag (-g) set for compilation, but during production builds, they unset the debug flag, which causes the
-O optimization flag to be set. They found that this caused a slight
difference in the size of the executable that's built and also seems to create an executable that gives us this error too.

-Matt