Bulk Binding and Oracle Procedure Builder

From: Suzanne Edgecombe <suzanne.edgecombe_at_agso.gov.au>
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2001 09:36:26 +1000

Im trying to write a procedure that bulk collects from the database (8.1.6), massages the data in index-by tables and then inserts into the database.

Having never done this before, I was hoping to be able to debug my code in Procedure Builder 6i, but it appears that the 6i tools only support the version of PL/SQL implemented in 8.0.6, and not the later version, as Procedure Builder 6i does not recognise bulk collect, and will not compile. Is this correct?

If so, is there an upgrade/patch etc available/on the horizon? Any suggestions on methods of debugging will be greatly appreciated......

cheers

Sue E Received on Thu Jun 21 2001 - 01:36:26 CEST

Original text of this message