Using sequence.nextval with OCI

From: Mike Watson <mwatson_at_molecularmining.com>
Date: 19 Jun 2001 08:03:58 -0700

I am using OCI to connect and retrieve records from our Oracle database. I use the "select somesequence.nextval from dual" to get a unique number. The problem is that for some reason my "nextval" is being incremented by 20 and not 1. On the SQL command line the statement works fine. It is only when I use it in my C++ program via Oracle Call Interface that the incrementation is multiplied by 20. I tested this by setting my increment value to 20. When I did this my "nextval" numbers were now 400 apart. Any ideas? Thanks

Mike Received on Tue Jun 19 2001 - 17:03:58 CEST

Original text of this message