Re: creating a database through odbc?

From: Daniel A. Morgan <Daniel.Morgan_at_attws.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2001 14:47:57 -0700

kossack80021_at_yahoo.com wrote:

> I need a quick oracle database to test an app...
>
> not knowing that much about oracle, is it possible to create a file in excel or
> access and put it into oracle through odbc?
>
> else, I need a way of importing a simle file into oracle
>
> you can reply here or to kossack80021_at_yahoo.com

[Quoted] Oracle is not a toy like Access. You can not, and should not, do what you are [Quoted] contemplating. All you will do is make a huge mess that someone will have to clean up for you.

I know this may come as a difficult challenge for you as you probably think computing was invented by Bill Gates ... but to use Oracle you must open a book and read.

So my answer is NO!

Learn SQL*Plus and work at it. Rewards come to those that invest the effort.

Daniel A. Morgan Received on Mon Jun 18 2001 - 23:47:57 CEST

Original text of this message