Re: How can I run reports 6i in batch mode?

From: Wibble <nobody_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 04 Jun 2001 14:40:54 +0100

Patny wrote:

> Please help,
>
> We are trying to convert SQR reports to ORACLE Reports 6i, using report
> builder 6i in X-Windows environment. All our SQR scripts are overnight batch
> running, is that possible to run report 6i in
> batch mode ?
>
> If it's possible, please tell me what is the command to run them?
>
> Our environment is ORACLE 8i (v8.7), 9ias, UNIX Solaris, X-Windows.
>
> I already tried the following command in UNIX:
>
> rwrun60 module=<rep_name.rdf> userid=uname/psswd_at_conn destype=file
> desformat=html desname=<output.lis> batch=yes
>
> The error message was:

> REP-1800: formatter error.
>
> Thanks in advance.

Hi

This is the correct command. The error message implies some other error internal to the report. Try running the report interactively first to see if you get the same error.

A couple of hints:
- if you convert the file to a ".rep" format using rwcon60 it runs slightly faster (rwrun60 module=report.rep userid=...) - always specify PARAMFORM=NO RUNDEBUG=NO for extra performance

Good luck
JR Received on Mon Jun 04 2001 - 15:40:54 CEST

Original text of this message