Re: Export Database Tables only..no Data ?????

From: Thomas Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Mon, 04 Jun 2001 10:32:27 -0400

A copy of this was sent to "Jacques Victor" <jacquesv_at_digicore.co.za> (if that email address didn't require changing) On Sun, 3 Jun 2001 22:05:38 +0200, you wrote:

>Hi All.
>
>I want to export all tables with their setup parameters as well as indexes
>(NO DATA MUST BE EXPORTED) to a flat file..eg..myexport.sql.
>
>I want to use this file to create a new Oracle DB on a different machine.
>
>Does anyone know how to do the export?
>
>Thanks in advance for any help
>
>Kind Regards
>Jacques

uummmm, it won't be a flatfile, it won't be a .sql file, it'll be a DMP file but:

exp ... rows=n ....

will do a structural export.

if you just type "exp", it'll show you the options.

--
Thomas Kyte (tkyte_at_us.oracle.com) Oracle Service Industries
Howtos and such: http://asktom.oracle.com/ http://asktom.oracle.com/~tkyte/