Re: erwin + RI triggers = trouble

From: Daniel A. Morgan <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2001 22:40:18 -0700

mark wrote:

> Hi,
> I just started using erwin with oracle 8i and erwin creats triggers
> that cause oracle to throw the 'mutating ...' error. Oracle complains
> that the trigger tries to read the table while it is updating (which
> is illegal in oracle). Why does erwin create 'illegal' code?
> Markus

Bad design?

[Quoted] You can go in and change the ERWin defaults. Or, better yet, get rid of triggers. They really have no place (just to start a holy war) in an Oracle database except in very rare circumstances: Use a procedure instead.

Daniel A. Morgan Received on Fri Jun 01 2001 - 07:40:18 CEST

Original text of this message