Can you specify multiple tables in update's where clause?

From: change <changeme_at_changeme>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2001 00:37:18 -0400

[Quoted] Need some sql expert input on UPDATE command. How do I involve multiple tables in WHERE clause?

Consider this simplified example on update command:

UPDATE TABLE_A
SET TABLE_A.my_col = "thisThat"
WHERE
    TABLE_A.col_a = TABLE_X.col_b
    and TABLE_X.col_c = TABLE_Y.col_d

This fails with a message that table2 is not in scope! How do I involve multiple tables in the where clause of an update? Can't seem to find an example in any book/webpage.

Comments?

essbee

(I am using Oracle 8.1.5, though this seems to be a generic SQL question) Received on Thu May 24 2001 - 06:37:18 CEST

Original text of this message