ETL tool - insight on Ascential DataStage?

From: <Tagliere_at_aol.dontwantspam.com>
Date: 23 May 2001 20:49:06 GMT

I am currently doing some research on different vendors of ETL tools. I have solid information on Informatica's PowerMart and wanted to know how Ascential DataStage measured up. Can anyone provide me with some insights based on the following metrics:

Integration with Source Environment
Integration with Target Environment
MetaData (exchange, protection)
Integration with Operational Environment Availability of Transformation Logic
Development Environment
Performance and Scalability
Productivity and Stability - learning curve, availability of support Vendor Track Record
Cost