interMedia Speed

From: Aimee <aimee.ukasick_at_med.ge.com>
Date: 22 May 2001 07:13:41 -0700

I'm developing a java catalog search application that accesses Oracle 8.1.7's interMedia functionality (running on Unix). When we first started, queries were returning in less than 3 seconds. However, the more we hit the database, the longer it takes for queries to return (1.5-6 minutes), even though I'm using java.sql.PreparedStatement. Also, it doesn't matter if I run the queries thru the Java app or use a tool like SQL Lab.
Has anyone else encountered this type of problem, and if so, what was done to fix it?
Thanks! Received on Tue May 22 2001 - 16:13:41 CEST

Original text of this message