JDeveloper: no db connection

From: Robert Mazur <robertm_at_sherwoodforestfarms.com>
Date: Sat, 19 May 2001 16:32:22 -0700

I can't get JDeveloper3.1 on my NT4 machine to connect to my Oracle db
(Linux box) on my LAN.

I can connect using sql*plus, but if I try to use the connections tool in JDeveloper, I get this error:

lo exception: Connection refused
(DESCRIPTION=(TMP=)(VSNNUM=135294976)(ERR=12505)(ERROR_STACK=(ERROR=(CODE=12
505)(EMFI=4)))) I haven't a clue what that means. I don't think it is a JDeveloper problem as JBuilder4 on the same machine does the same thing (but I'm hoping this has happened to someone here). Also, I have no problem connecting from my Linux machine through JBuilder, so I know the server is accepting connections, even through an IDE.

Any thoughts on what this means?

Rob

p.s. Could my connection be timing out due to a slow machine (the client I am connecting from is a P166 with 96MB ram) Received on Sun May 20 2001 - 01:32:22 CEST

Original text of this message