Re: designer6i on Oracle 8.1.6 repository admin utility connect probl ems

From: Van Messner <vmessner_at_bestweb.net>
Date: Sat, 19 May 2001 00:43:26 GMT

    Start by seeing if you have more than one tnsnames.ora and more than one sqlnet.ora. If so either configure them all or edit the registry so that each Oracle product points to the same tnsnames and sqlnet.

    If you are using TCP, it would have been hard to install the product(s) while omitting that protocol adapter unless you tried to do so.

Van