Re: Help with Rollback Segment Cannot be Extended workaround.

From: Howard J. Rogers <howardjr_at_www.com>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2001 22:27:18 +1000

[Quoted] [Quoted] If this is truly a one-off, and you don't care about the ability to rollback, then you can employ a hidden parameter which switches off rollback [Quoted] generation for the duration of the instance.

I haven't a clue what other side effects it might produce, and I don't vouch [Quoted] for the stability of your database whilst you do it. It's totally unsupported by Oracle, and you are ENTIRELY ON YOUR OWN!!!

(Have I scared you enough yet? I should have... take this step only if you [Quoted] have a bloody good backup)

In your init.ora, enter the following line: _discrete_transactions_enabled=TRUE. Then bounce your Instance.

That switches off all rollback activity on the entire database.

Regards
HJR

--
The views expressed are my own only, and definitely NOT those of Oracle