Re: Calling a pl/sql procedure from SQLPLUS in HP UNIX`

From: monkeyboy <brego34_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2001 11:46:48 -0500

use a shell script and a sql file like this:

in the shell script place the following text:

passwd=$1
sqlplus OracleSchemaName//$passwd
_at_/directory/of/the/sql/script/NameOfSQLFile.sql

in the sql file place the following text:

exec NameOfPL/SQLPackage.ProcedureName;
exit

You can then call the shell script passing in the password as a parameter or set it up to run as a cron job