Re: Cancel SQL Plus Command

From: Daniel A. Morgan <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Sun, 13 May 2001 23:22:45 -0700

Ludo Van Helleputte wrote:

> Look in the File menu ... Cancel !!!
>
> PS : if needed verify the parameter non-blocking SQL
>
> Good luck !
> Ludo.
>
> ""Bjorn Luser"" <jc_va_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > I just had the 8i Client installed on my NT workstation. Under the
 previous
> > version, I could cancel a runaway query by hitting "Cancel" on the dialog
> > box.
> >
> > Under this version, there is no dialog box. I have tried CTRL-C,
> > CTRL-Break, etc., without result.
> >
> > Can someone give me a clue?
> >
> > Thanks!
> >

> > --
> > Posted from [151.200.109.194] by way of f3.law4.hotmail.com [216.33.149.3]
> > via Mailgate.ORG Server - http://www.Mailgate.ORG

I am not the one with the problem ... but what you suggest does not work in many circumstances. The fact that you have "canceled" on the client is often meaningless. And particularly when the client is Windows and the server is non-windows.

In many situations the only solution is to kill the process on the server which is something often forbidden to developers by DBAs and Sys Admins.

Daniel A. Morgan Received on Mon May 14 2001 - 08:22:45 CEST

Original text of this message