Re: How do you define the default init.ora locations

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2001 18:54:48 +0200

<u518615722_at_spawnkill.ip-mobilphone.net> wrote in message news:l.989596303.1334442138_at_[198.138.198.252]...
> Our previous DBA has set our default
> init.ora to a different directory
> other than /pfile/, and there is no
> link in the /pfile/ directory neither,
> can someone help me how do you set the
> default init.ora back to /pfile/init.ora ?
>
> Thanks for your help
>

> --
> Sent by dbadba62 from hotmail piece of com
> This is a spam protected message. Please answer with reference header.

The *Oracle* default init.ora is in $ORACLE_HOME/dbs if you have setup OFA you will have a
$ORACLE_BASE/admin/$ORACLE_SID/pfile directory. The init.ora in that directory is a softlink only to $ORACLE_HOME/dbs The pfile directory is not being used during startup

So could you please explain *exactly* with *exact* directory names (because none of the directory names you list make any sense) where you have init.ora's and where you expect them?
I would strongly advise against any other directory than $ORACLE_HOME/dbs

The correct OFA layout is, BTW, described in the Getting Started manual for your platform.

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA Received on Fri May 11 2001 - 18:54:48 CEST

Original text of this message