removing a database column from reports

From: Parichai Kalari <pkalari_at_abbnm.com>
Date: Thu, 10 May 2001 11:12:05 -0500

[Quoted] Hi all!

Some of you may have faced this before. I have a report(reports2.5) that uses an external query from a form(forms 4.5) to run. One of the character fields in the report has a length of 24 which it got from a database column. The same report is now being used against the same table, but with a modified length for the character column of 48. Since the report was compiled and ran before with column length 24, it is now showing only 24 characters, chopping off the other 24. We want it do display 48, per new column specifications.

Changing field lengths did not help as it gets the value from the database column(which was 24). Could anyone suggest a remedy for this other than re-creating the report? I guess de-associating and re-associating the field probably looks like an option, but how can we do this?

Any info is appreciated.

Thanks Received on Thu May 10 2001 - 18:12:05 CEST

Original text of this message