Re: standby database and nologging DDL

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Sat, 5 May 2001 20:39:30 +0200

"ff" <cfs3526_at_ureach.com> wrote in message news:ppWI6.26427$ua5.6618099_at_typhoon1.ba-dsg.net...
> After we failover to our standby database, I found some data are not
> available, oracle complains that datafile are corrupted because nologging
> was used for some index created at production database.
>
> Does it mean that when you are using standby database, you can not use
> nologging for DDL at all? Otherwise, how can you send the redo to the
> standby site?
>
> You input is highly appreciated.

The nologging issue is described in detail in the 8.1.6 standby database administrators manual.
As I need to surf to technet.oracle.com to read it (I don't have printed version), maybe you should try to read the manual.

Regards,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA

PS Could you please refrain from posting your query individually to three different groups? If you really think you definitely need to post it to all three groups (which IMO is unnecessary as your audience is not getting bigger) then please crosspost, so responses will be crossposted also. Received on Sat May 05 2001 - 20:39:30 CEST

Original text of this message