Intermedia Problem

From: venky kumar <venky.kumar_at_eng.sun.com>
Date: Fri, 04 May 2001 10:38:49 -0700

Hi All,

I am experiencing a strange problem while using Intermedia on Oracle 8i.I have a column defined as a long type which is indexed for searching and it contains all the text that I need for my search engine.It works fine and yields that right results for most of the words that I search for.But some of the words(which in my case are Oracle,application & j2ee) when searched for,returns all the rows in the table including the rows that do not contain any of the above mentioned words.I am not using any of these words in the stoplist.

Can anybody explain as to why Intermedia would return all the rows in a table(irrespective of whether the search word exists or not) while searching for certain words.
my query:

select score(1) from my_table where
contains(search_text,'application',1) > 0 order by score(1).

Thanks in advance.

Venky Received on Fri May 04 2001 - 19:38:49 CEST

Original text of this message