Re: pre-set database but not username or password?

From: Ray <rdebruyn_at_eis.ca>
Date: Thu, 03 May 2001 21:30:20 -0400

You can create an on logon trigger in your form which holds the username and connect string.
/*

  • Built-in: LOGON_SCREEN
  • Example: Use the default Form Builder logon screen to prompt
  • for username and password before logging on to
  • the database. This uses the 'Get_Connect_Info'
  • procedure from the GET_APPLICATION_PROPERTY
  • example. */ DECLARE un VARCHAR2(80); pw VARCHAR2(80); cn VARCHAR2(80); BEGIN /*
    • Bring up the logon screen */ Logon_Screen; /*
    • Get the password */ Get_Connect_Info( un, pw, cn ); un := myUserName; cn := myConnection; /*
    • Log the user onto the database */ LOGON(un,pw||'_at_'||cn); END;
This should work.
Ray