Re: how call a form (HELP)

From: Ray <rdebruyn_at_eis.ca>
Date: Thu, 03 May 2001 21:07:46 -0400

Open-Form is said to affect navigation in the form. Built ins that affect navigation are restricted. Restricted means that they cannot be used during navigation. Since "Form Builder performs validation checks during navigation that occurs in response to operator input, programmatic control, or default processing, such as a Commit operation", Open-Form will not work with this trigger.
Call-Form is not considered to affect navigation and so it can be used in a when validate item trigger.

If this is what you want to do and open form is what you wish to use, then try this:
Create two triggers at the form level
When new form instance

        :GLOBAL.LAST_ITEM := 'NONE';
and
When new item instance

        IF :GLOBAL.LAST_ITEM = 'MyBlock.MyItem' THEN
           open_form('myform');
       END IF;
       :GLOBAL.LAST_ITEM := :SYSTEM.CURSOR_ITEM;

Whether you enter a value and press enter or navigate to another item, you will open your form.

Ray