Re: Standby Database: How do you make sure the redolog copied is the good one

From: Jim Gregory <Jim.Gregory_at_ncr.com>
Date: Wed, 2 May 2001 12:43:28 -0400

on most os's there should be some command that will tell you if a file is open by another process or not. On at least some UNIX systems the "fuser" command will tell you what process has a file open. If the return value is null, then nothing has the file open and, in this case, means that the redo log has finished being written to and can safely be transferred to your standby system

--
Jim Gregory
Principal Consultant for Keane, Inc.

Opinions are my own and do not reflect those
of my employer or clients