Re: Add A User In Oracle 8i

From: Chris \( Val \) <"Chris>
Date: Thu, 3 May 2001 01:52:35 +1000

[Quoted] Thanks a million Jerry, worked like a dream... Just a quick question, is there a GUI for 8i personel edition to achieve this, because I only did a typical install as the readme file suggested and I cant find it anywhere. And can you also change the host string with the command line as you have shown rather than editing the Tnsnames.ora file in the oracle directory?

Thanks again
Chris Val

"Jerry Metz" <jmetz1_at_ix.netcom.com> wrote in message news:3AF02950.712B45E3_at_ix.netcom.com...
| Log in to Oracle SQL*Plus as the system account (password is probably manager)
| type the following:
| create user xxxxxxxx identified by yyyyyyyy;
| (the x's indicate the new user name and the
| y's indicate the password that the new account should use)
| then type:
| grant dba, connect, resource to xxxxxxxxx;
| (where xxxxxxxxxx is the new username)
|
| You can then log into the database using the new user name and password that
 you
| have just created.
| Don't forget the semicolon at the end of the commands. Good Luck.
| Jerry
|
| "Chris ( Val )" wrote:
|
| > Its the first time I've ever installed it and I only
| > did it once.
| >
| > Thanks
| > Chris Val
| >
| > "Scott Mattes" <ScottMattes_at_yahoo.com> wrote in message
| > | Chris,
| > | How many times did you install Oracle Personal? :)
| > |
| > | Go look in comp.databases.oracle.server, someone has already answered
 this
| > | question for someone else.
| > |
| > | Also, try deja.com to search these news groups.
| > |
| > |
| > | "Chris ( Val )" <XCHRISVAL_at_bigpond.com.au> wrote in message

| > |
| > |