Interesting problem...?

From: H Smith <hsmith00_at_prodigy.net>
Date: Tue, 01 May 2001 20:19:19 GMT

Platform-
[Quoted] [Quoted] ORA Forms 6.0.8 ORA DATABASE 8.0.5 on NT Question-
Has anyone ever had a problem saving an Image and Sound in the same table. The table structure is as follows:

 Name                            Null?    Type
 ------------------------------- -------- ----
 REPORT_NO                       NOT NULL NUMBER
 MEDIA_ID                        NOT NULL NUMBER(2)
 MEDIA_TYPE                      NOT NULL VARCHAR2(5)
 MEDIA_TITLE                     NOT NULL VARCHAR2(20)
 MEDIA_DESC                      NOT NULL VARCHAR2(250)
 MEDIA_PHOTO                              LONG RAW
 MEDIA_LOC                                VARCHAR2(30)
 MEDIA_SOUND                              BLOB

I'm using the Oracle forms default to load into the database. Yet I get "end of communications channel"
when I Save. But, only when I try to save a "Sound" alone. I can save an Image & Sound or just an Image,
[Quoted] but not just a Sound alone....

MetaLink is not really helping me on this...I'm hoping a true Guru can...

thanks Received on Tue May 01 2001 - 22:19:19 CEST

Original text of this message