Re: Problem using Oracle Reports 6.0i on Windows 2000

From: I hate Spam <tbf_at_cn.stam.dk>
Date: Tue, 01 May 2001 08:43:17 +0200

On Sun, 29 Apr 2001 23:58:45 GMT, mym_at_bom.gov.au (Mike Macaskill) wrote:

>Hi
>
>I have installed OR 6.0i (Patch 3A) on a PC running Win2K, and I am
>having problems with the run time and builder
>executables, which fall over intermittently due to access violations.
>I just wondered if there was anyone else out there having the same
>problem. Ihave talked to people running NT and they have said they
>have no such problems. So, is this a general problem with Win2k or is
>just a problem with my installation?

We have the same problem very often. We had it under NT4.0 SP5, but the frequency, have increased after changing to W2K. According to bug/TARs at Oracle it seems to be related to the use of different marks of HP-printers. I still haven't raised a TAR because we are planning a shift from 6.0 to 6i in the near future, and I guess that one of the first suggestions from Oracle will be to upgrade. I think this is a pretty common problem, and have been for a long time.

Yours Hans Erik Busk
tbf_at_cn.stam.dk Received on Tue May 01 2001 - 08:43:17 CEST

Original text of this message