Help: Standby database

From: <u518615722_at_spawnkill.ip-mobilphone.net>
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2001 16:05:32 GMT

We have a standby databse, and we use
a in house developed perl script to copy the redologs from the remote production database.
The way we do is we use 'ls -l' to detect the redolog file, as soon as we see it, wait for 30 seconds, and then we copy it over. Most of time it worked, but sometimes, the copy begins before the production finish writing to the redo, and we got corrupted file. Is there any way we can monitor the finish of the redologs and begin to copy only after the writing of redologs have finished?

Thanks for your help

--
Sent by dbadba62 from hotmail  within area  com