Standby Database: How do you make sure the redolog copied is the good one

From: <u518615722_at_spawnkill.ip-mobilphone.net>
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2001 16:10:15 GMT

We have a standby database, and we use
a perl scripts to copy all the redo logs to the standby site.

The way we do is after we detect the file by ls -l, we wait another 30 seconds to make sure the redolog writing is finished. But it is not foolproof. Sometimes we got corrupted redolog files.

Any better ideas except wait for another 30 seconds?

Thanks

--
Sent by dbadba62  from hotmail in field com