Re: SQL*Plus column format not working

From: Calvin Crumrine <Calvin_Crumrine_at_dced.state.ak.us>
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2001 08:57:49 -0800

[Quoted] I'll give it a try but I'm not hopeful. Although I didn't think to include it I have headings turned off ('set headings off'). AFAIK the heading therefore shouldn't matter. I can (and did yesterday to get this sucker done) use to_char in the query & format the resulting column as alphabetic. I don't need computes for this one, but I'd like to figure out why the numeric format doesn't work.

Well, like I said, I'll give the heading thing a try. Maybe the heading does affect the width even when the heading isn't displayed. Thanks for the suggestion.