Re: Heterogeneous Join

From: Christoph Danielewicz <cdaniele_at_cm-muc.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2001 10:27:15 +0200

"Mark A. Richman" wrote:

> The definition of "heterogeneous" is that you CAN do a "mixed query".
>
> See:
> http://technet.oracle.com/doc/server72x/SVCN2/ch21.htm
> http://technet.oracle.com/doc/server.815/a67784/hs_ch7.htm
> http://technet.oracle.com/doc/oracle8i_816/server.816/a76960/toc.htm
>
> What I need to know now is how to get the metadata via JDBC from the linked
> databases?

Hello Mark,

very interesting! I would expect, after you set up Oracle's Transparent Gateway, you should be able to obtain the metadata of the underlying statement. It is rather the question if the Transparent Gateway is able to store/deliver this information, but I'm sure it can, otherwise what could be a reason for it?
Looking at figure
http://technet.oracle.com/doc/oracle8i_816/server.816/a76960/hs_genco.htm#9366 and the information below it should be transparent, your jdbc driver _must_ be able to deliver this information. (pls let me know about your experiences).

Ch.Dan. Received on Fri Apr 27 2001 - 10:27:15 CEST

Original text of this message