Designer install problem

From: Eric <staceye_at_picknowl.com.auNOSPAM>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2001 22:55:22 +0930

Hi,
[Quoted] I am trying to install Designer 6i and already have Oracle 8i Personal 8.1.7 installed on Win2k.
[Quoted] It won't let me install into the original Oracle home directory and after installing Designer into its own directory whenever I try to run any of the [Quoted] tools/apps I get different connection messages(mostly related to TNS I think).
However, The Original Oracle runs fine (SQLplus, Ent manager etc). Why can't it install as part of my Original installation as I want to use the tools with my already created tables etc? Am I missing something basic as I am only a student and am relatively new to this?
Any help appreciated
regards
Eric.
[Quoted] Remove NOSPAM at END of address to email. Received on Thu Apr 26 2001 - 15:25:22 CEST

Original text of this message