Oracle communication errors

From: Paul <paulsh_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2001 23:24:46 -0400

[Quoted] We have many NT servers communicating with our Oracle 8 database (running on a SUN platform). The traffic is Net8 traffic, specifically SQL traffic over TNS over TCP (I was told).

When we do sniffer traces of converations with our Oracle database server, we notice that on a regular basis, our NT servers never get a response from the Oracle server for anywhere up to 4 minutes on many occasions. During those moments, we notice there are TONS of the following error messages coming from the Oracle server (as seen in the sniffer traces):

Basic operation=4
Error return status

Does anyone know what these errors mean? Does anyone know why the Oracle server doesn't respond on a regular basis and how we might look into resolving this?

Thanks! Received on Thu Apr 26 2001 - 05:24:46 CEST

Original text of this message