Re: exporting comments?

From: Lee Miller <lpm_at_newsguy.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2001 12:57:44 -0400

For lack of a better solution you could try the following but it needs to be done for each user:

on the server:
spool
select 'comment on column '||table_name||'.'||column_name||' is '''||comments||''';' from user_col_comments where comments is not null; select 'comment on table '||table_name||' is '''||comments||''';' from user_tab_comments where comments is not null; spool off

edit the output transfer it to the laptop and sun it with an _at_ command.

I'm sure there are more elegant ways to do it but it would take me longer to find one than it would take to do this

Also if you have comment on any table privilege you could hit all_col_comments and all_tab_comments and throw the username in as the schema to find the table in.