repository 6i on 8.1.7

From: Kevin HaleBoyes <kevinh_at_computersandcontrols.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2001 18:06:55 +0000 (UTC)

[Quoted] I'm in the process of getting Designer 6i and Repository 6i (both Release 2) nstalled on my workstation (Win2K) and database server (RedHat Linux 6.2/Oracle EE 8.1.7) respectively. Designer and the client-side of Repository installed just fine but I found something in the Repository (on the server) installation
documents that halted my progress. In chapter 1 under "System Requirements" it lists the requirements on the server as:

   "...
    Oracle8i Server, release 8.1.6 only (not 8.1.7)     ..."

As listed above, I'm running EE8.1.7 and not 8.1.6. Does anyone know why 8.1.7 is specifically listed in the "do not use" category? Is it simply that it isn't officially supported by Oracle? Or, is there an actual technical reason? Is there anything that I can do to make sure that it works with 8.1.7?

Any advise or words of wisdom are greatly appreciated. Kevin.

--
Posted from [196.32.42.50]