Re: Er Diagram tool?

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2001 16:27:00 +0200

"Eric" <staceye_at_picknowl.com.au/NOSPAM> wrote in message news:3ae2ddda_at_newsserver1.picknowl.com.au...
> Hi,
> Can anyone recommend a good tool for creating ER schema diagrams? I have
> heard of using Designer, Toad and Keeptool. I have no experience with any
 of
> these and am only a student so I would be interested in affordable/free!
 and
> relatively easy to use software.
> Any pointers will be appreciated - for Oracle 8i on Win2k.
> Thanking you
> Eric.
> remove /NOSPAM at end of address to email.

I don't know keeptool, but TOAD definitely can't generate ER diagrams. Designer is a full-fledged CASE tool (Computer Assisted System Engineering), which will take you through the complete development cycle. As long as you don't use it for commercial purposes you can download it for free from http://technet.oracle.com

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA Received on Sun Apr 22 2001 - 16:27:00 CEST

Original text of this message