Re: Refering to controls

From: Tom Deseamus <elrice2_at_home.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2001 02:25:09 GMT

Thanks, I'll look into that. I come from a VB background and it seems so weak of PL/SQL that you cannot explicitly refer to a control on a form when you are writing a trigger. The code in VB would be so simple, you just put a period between the names:

IF mycontrol.value > 10 THEN
> > myform.backgroundcolor = BLUE
> > myform.mycontrol.forgroundcolor = RED
END IF; No matter how I try to refer to it in PL/SQL, I get an error stating that Oracle does not know what field I am talking about.