XSQL with Tomcat Help

From: Manish <REMOVETHISmanishh_at_fusive.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2001 19:29:37 -0400

Hello,

I am attempting to install the XSQL package on a Solaris 7 box running Apache with Tomcat 3.1, which is connecting to a remote NT box with an Oracle 8.1.6 database. I did the sample installation on an NT workstation with the Web to Go server included with the XSQL package and everything worked fine. I tried to install on our production Sun box and am getting the error listed below. I have completed the following steps up to this point:
-Installed the XSQL package under the tomcat/webapps directory.
-Configured the tomcat.sh to include all the XSQL jar files in the classpath
when tomcat starts.
-Configured the XSQL xml config file with our correct database parameters.

  • Updated the server.xml file with the appropriate context handler for /xsql requests.
  • Ran a java test program which tests the JDBC connection using the Oracle 1.2 jdbc drivers(classes12.zip). This ran fine and the database connection works perfectly.
    -Tried hitting HelloWorld.xsql on port 8080. I get the initial demo page
    (same as found at http://ws5.olab.com), but when I click on any of the demos, I get the following error:

XSQL-017: Unexpected Error Occurred
java.lang.NullPointerException:
at
oracle.xml.xsql.XSQLPageRequestImpl.getXSQLConnectionManager(XSQLPageRequest Impl.java:465)
at
oracle.xml.xsql.XSQLPageRequestImpl.setConnectionName(XSQLPageRequestImpl.ja va:269)
at oracle.xml.xsql.XSQLPageProcessor.process(XSQLPageProcessor.java:128) at oracle.xml.xsql.XSQLServlet.doGet(XSQLServlet.java:60) at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:740) at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853)

at org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.doService(ServletWrapper.java:404)
at org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.service(ServletWrapper.java:372)
at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.internalService(ContextManager.java:79 7)
at org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(ContextManager.java:743) at
org.apache.tomcat.service.http.HttpConnectionHandler.processConnection(HttpC onnectionHandler.java:210)
at org.apache.tomcat.service.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:416) at
org.apache.tomcat.util.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:498) at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:475)

I have tried using the XSQL command line tool, and it gets to the point where it is trying to make a connection but is unable to make the DB connection (error code 5 I believe).

Any help is appreciated,
Manish
manishh_at_fusive.com Received on Wed Apr 18 2001 - 01:29:37 CEST

Original text of this message