Re: sql*loader and dates

From: Aparna <bliss_is_ignorance_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2001 01:48:47 +0800

hi,

this is just a wild guess... i suppose ur default date format is DD-MON-YY hence the error... try DATE YYYYMMDD after the decode statement in the control file...

do let me know if u get a solution...

regards,
aparna
<hanton32_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message news:9bf7l5$8j4$1_at_news.netmar.com...

> I am loading a date column from a file that does not always have a date.
> eg.
> last_advance_date
> 20000101
> 20010303
> 0
> 0
> 20010302
>
> in my control file have coded the following mask for this column
> (last_advance_date date:
>
> last_advance_date "decode(:last_advance_date,'0',sysdate,
> to_date(:last_advance_date,'YYYYMMDD'))"
>
> so that when a '0' is found in loaded column it will replace it with
 SYSDATE.
> But I am getting the following error :
>
> Record 1: Rejected - Error on table FLMTG1, column LAST_ADVANCE_DATE.
> ORA-01843: not a valid month
>
> I have also tried defining last_advance_date as varchar2(8) but I get the
 same
> error.
>
> any help appreciated.

 eb -----
> http://newsone.net/ -- Free reading and anonymous posting to 60,000+
 groups
> NewsOne.Net prohibits users from posting spam. If this or other posts
> made through NewsOne.Net violate posting guidelines, email
abuse_at_newsone.net Received on Tue Apr 17 2001 - 19:48:47 CEST

Original text of this message