Re: How to get the database schema

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2001 14:09:00 +0200

On Thu, 12 Apr 2001 11:05:27 +0200, "Moshe" <mieczyslaw.pawlowski_at_koma.com.pl> wrote:

>Hi Everyone
>
>I have made manually many tables and constrains but now I need to have a SQL
>script of it. Maybe someone knows a free script or program to catch the
>existing schema to the SQL script. Oracle Schema builder do something but I
>can get only SQL for changes, which I have actually made.
>
>Regards Moshe

The free tool is the following command sequence exp <the affected user>

Alternatively you can download the free version of TOAD at www.toadsoft.com , which will also do it for you.

Of course, creating tables on the fly is *not* the recommended procedure to design a database. My experience is this approach invariably ends in disaster.

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA Received on Sat Apr 14 2001 - 14:09:00 CEST

Original text of this message