backup question

From: james <kdhakal_at_eline.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2001 17:26:09 GMT

[Quoted] [Quoted] Hi! This might be newbie question so please bear with me here. I have database(24*7) running in archivelog mode. I take hot backup(data, archivelog and controlfile) every night. I want to copy backup files to some other machine once in a while so that in case if the first machine totally
goes down and I have to rebuild the db from scratch. So my question is how many archive log files(at least) do I
need to copy in addition to last hot backup files so that I will be able to open the database later on. I am not worried about some of data I may lose, but rather concerns about the minimum archive log files(if any) that are required after hot backup in order to open the db. Cold backup is not my option. Thanks in advance. Received on Thu Apr 12 2001 - 19:26:09 CEST

Original text of this message