Help: Snapshot Too Old

From: <u518615722_at_spawnkill.ip-mobilphone.net>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2001 15:27:24 GMT

[Quoted] [Quoted] I have to move 100m rows to another table [Quoted] [Quoted] use select/insert in PL/SQL. We have 10 rollback [Quoted] segments and a huge RBS tablespace, plenty room for rollback segment to grow.

At first, we try to commit every 200 rows, and we always got the error message snapshot too old after about 200,000 rows, we begin to reduce the times of commit,commit every 2000, 20,000 and 200,000 and now 2,000,000 rows. It is still running and it takes a long time to know whether it will work or not.

Could somebody tell me why commit too often will also cause the error snapshot too old?

How do you decide how many rows to commit?

Thank you very much for your help.

--
Sent by dbadba62 from hotmail  subpart of com
[Quoted] This is a spam protected message. Please answer with reference header.