Re: Access of oracle from windows

From: Steve Long <steven.long_at_erols.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 08:31:10 -0400

first, i assume although both OSs share a hard drive, they are running on different machines or you have some kind of multi-os environment such as VMWare. if this is not the case, you need something of this nature or another machine.

that being said, assuming the server side has oracle networking installed and configured properly, you just install the appropriate oracle client on the client machine, which would be some version of sqlnet and a tnsnames.ora config file. from there, you add whatever apps you need on top of the sqlnet layer, whether you use sqlplus, sqlworksheet, or odbc connections.

steve long
"The world's best technology strategist." (TM)