Is the export file of Oracle 8.1.6 portable between Unix/Linux platform?

From: Huy Vu <huyv_at_usa.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 04:42:03 GMT

[Quoted] Hi all,

[Quoted] [Quoted] We have Oracle 8.1.6 database server on Unixware 7.1.1. [Quoted] We want to export one schema of this database and bring this export file to [Quoted] import to other Oracle 8.1.6 databases on different Unix/Linux plaforms as [Quoted] Sun Solaris 7 Sparc/Intel, AIX 4.3, HP-UX 10.20, SCO OpenServer 5, RedHat 7....

[Quoted] [Quoted] I think that is the quick way to bring the data across of other databases on [Quoted] different Unix platforms but I'm not sure the export file from UnixWare can [Quoted] import to other databases on other Unix platforms.

Is the export file of Oracle 8.1.6 portable between Unix/Linux platform?

[Quoted] [Quoted] The alternative of this solution is using sqlldr with control files and [Quoted] [Quoted] unload files from Informix export files.

Which solution is more portable?

Thanks in advance for any advise.

DH. Received on Tue Apr 10 2001 - 06:42:03 CEST

Original text of this message