Re: Designer 6i repository installation problem

From: Andy Hardy <newsmar01_at_ahardy.demon.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2001 23:24:05 +0100

[Quoted] In article <slrn9colpf.eh9.ssmojver_at_jagor.srce.hr>, Slaven Smojver <ssmojver_at_jagor.srce.hr> writes

>Hello.
>
>While installing repository for Oracle Designer 6i (client and server side
>on the same computer), the instalation process stops on PACKAGE BODY
>CIOUE_ELEMENT_TYPE, while reading file ciueet.opb. The RAU freezes, and the
>Task Manager says that "Repository Administration Utility is not
>responding". The CPU usage is 100% (by ORACLE.EXE), even after the RAU
>application is shut down.
>I tried to install the repository a few times, and this malfunction always
>happens. Can anybody help me with this?
>(OS is Win2000, Oracle Designer 6i, Oracle 8i Server EE 8.1.7)
>

>Slaven

I *believe* that Designer is *not* supported on 8.1.7 for reason that you have found above.

Verify this with your Oracle support/sales or have a look at metalink.oracle.com.

Andy

--
Andy Hardy. PGP ID: 0xA62A4849