Oracle Error Messages

From: <dennishancy_at_eaton.com>
Date: 5 Apr 2001 18:26:29 GMT

[Quoted] [Quoted] Can anyone suggest a source that explains Oracle error messages AND has hints
as to what I might check in my SQL to resolve the problem?

In the past, I have received messages like ORA-01861, but the brief message it
[Quoted] [Quoted] provides does not give much information. It takes me hours.. days.. to [Quoted] determine where the problem is.

The message I received today is

ORA-01858: a non-numeric character was found where a numeric was expected

[Quoted] How do I go about researching this so I can solve the problem?

How can I at least find out which record it's choking on so I'd have a fighting chance of fixing whatever is wrong?

Is there a book? A web site? ANYTHING that will speed up the process?

Dennis Hancy
Eaton Corporation
Cleveland, OH

  • Posted via NewsOne.Net: Free (anonymous) Usenet News via the Web ----- http://newsone.net/ -- Free reading and anonymous posting to 60,000+ groups [Quoted] [Quoted] NewsOne.Net prohibits users from posting spam. If this or other posts made through NewsOne.Net violate posting guidelines, email abuse_at_newsone.net