Network update

From: Luigi <esposito_at_spectec.it>
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2001 10:53:30 +0200

We plan to change our cabling system , wich is actually a Type I ( IBM cabling system)
to a Cat 5.
We will then take this oppurtunity to migrate from Token-ring to Ethernet. But of course, not all Pc will be migrated at the same time. So for a period of time ( about 6 month ) we will run on both environments(token and ethernet)

Actually all Oracle Servers (NT 4.0 Operating System) are equipped with a unique Token-Ring Adapter.

The solution for migrating is to add on each File Server an additional Ethernet Adapter,
linked to an Ethernet Switch, so actual Workstations from our LAN will connect
to the differents Oracle Servers from either Token-Ring or Ethernet.

After this long witnesseth my questions are :

Which configuration we must change on oracle servers and oracle clients (token and ethernet clients) ?
Can i add a listener on the other adapter but on the same db (this is a possible solution) ?

Thanks Received on Thu Apr 05 2001 - 10:53:30 CEST

Original text of this message